Social Distancing Protection & Safety Precautions
In Place for Your Protection
Before You Arrive
- We will call 1 day ahead to confirm your appointment, and ask you if you have had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell in the past 14 days, or if you or a family member or resident in your home has had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If so, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask that you wear a mask to your visit, and if you do not have one available, one will be provided to you for a nominal, $2 charge.
When You Arrive
- Only the patient will be allowed into the office unless the patient has a caretaker or needs assistance.
- 2. When you arrive, please buzz from the 4th floor Front Door and a staff member will greet you. Our staff will give you a protective mask for a small charge, if you are not already wearing one. We ask that you wear a face covering throughout your stay in the office.
- We will ask that you use Hand Sanitizer from the dispenser. Please rub it on your hands and allow it to dry.
- Our staff member will also take your temperature using a non-contact thermometer.
- You will then proceed to the reception desk where our receptionist will confirm and update your information, but no signatures or writing will be needed. Please remain behind the tape marked area on the floor during these questions.
- You may be accompanied directly from the check in desk to an examination room by our technicians, who will begin your exam. As you leave the check-in desk a staff member will wipe and clean the counter area with a disinfecting wipe that might have a mild odor of bleach or Clorox. We do this after all patients for your protection, and we do not mean to be offensive.
When You Step Into the Examination Area
- Each testing room instrument is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient has stepped out of the room, regardless of whether testing equipment was used or not.
- All exam room surfaces, instruments and computers are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient has stepped out of the room, regardless of whether the devices were used or not.
- Expect the doctors and staff to be wearing a mask to protect both you, and them, from risk of infection. It is expected that you will wear either a cloth face covering or surgical mask throughout your examination visit.
- In addition, depending on how close your doctor may need to be to provide your exam and possible treatment, he or she may be wearing protective eyewear, goggles or even a clear plastic shield to protect both you and them.
- Your eye exam typically involves the use of a slit lamp microscope. We have installed plastic barriers or breath shields on them to prevent spraying of tiny moisture particles, which could lead to infection. To further avoid infection, we ask that you do not speak when behind the slit lamp. Our doctors will be limiting their speaking as well. They will move far back and create a safe distance to speak about their findings and recommendations.
When You Are Leaving Our Office
- When your exam is complete, you will either be accompanied by a technician or assistant, or directed to leave the examination area and return to the check-out area. The check-out desk staff member will advise and assist you with the next steps, instructions, any additional appointments or required payments. Once completed, we ask that you leave the check-out desk area promptly and exit the office.
Thank You! We appreciate your confidence, trust and help in making general, medical, laser and surgical eyecare available to all those in need.