Eyeglasses Lenses at Center for Sight serving Fall River, Massachusetts and greater Providence, Rhode Island
Center for Sight Fall River Opticians are pleased to offer a full range of basic eyeglasses as well as high tech eyeglass lenses including Varilux® and Physio®, color-changing lenses such as Transitions®. We offer many lens styles, materials and options including:
- Single Vision: Single vision lenses are used for correcting vision at one distance or range of vision-for example they can correct vision for far as required for driving, intermediate distances as required for seeing a computer screen or for close vision as required for reading. But in general if you are in your 40’s and your eye doctor finds that you are Presbyopic, a single vision lens may not allow you to have the full range of vision that you need.
- Progressive Lenses: Progressive lenses are prescribed for Presbyopic patients who need vision correction for reading and for distance vision and who wish to be able to see far, near and everywhere in between, without any of the distracting lines found in ordinary bifocals or trifocals. At Center for Sight we offer Varilux, Physio and Definity to insure easy adaptation and comfort.
- Flat Top Bifocals: Flat top bifocals are lenses that are split into two segments-one for seeing at a distance and one for seeing up close. They may be prescribed for those patients requiring the ability to see at far and at near without having to remove their eyeglasses.
- Executive Bifocals: Executive bifocals are eyeglass lenses that are also split into two segments, but actually have a line extending the entire width of the lens. This type of lens may be useful for patients who have a need for a very wide reading field of vision. However, a wide field of vision may also be obtained with certain Flat Top bifocals.
- Trifocals: Trifocal lenses are eyeglass lenses that have three distinct segments-one for seeing far, one for seeing intermediate and one for seeing near objects.
- Specialty and Occupational: In addition, should you have any special visual needs for work or recreation, such as sports eyewear or computer eyewear, our Opticians will be able to counsel you on many other eyeglass lens styles that are designed specifically for your activities. Please mention your activities to them so they can help you select the best possible lenses for your needs.
- Plastic Lenses: Plastic or CR-39 is the basic lens material that provides high optical quality, protection from ultraviolet light and light weight. Plastic lenses are somewhat prone to scratching so you will need to clean and care for them properly. Plastic lenses can be tinted to almost any color and thus can be used for sunglasses as well.
- Hi-Index Plastic: High Index Plastic is a premium lens material that is a thinner, lighter weight plastic. This lens provides excellent optical quality, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be lightly tinted to any color.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is a premium lens material that is the lightest and most impact resistant available. This lens provides excellent optical quality, thinner style lens, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be tinted to any color.
Glass: Glass is the basic lens material that provides superior optics and scratch resistance. Unfortunately this lens has a number of limitations including inferior impact resistance, thickness and heavy weight.
- Photochromatic Lenses: Photochromatic Lenses are lenses that adjust their color to outdoor and indoor light conditions. They darken outdoors and lighten indoors. Photochromatic Lenses are available in gray, brown, and green tints and provide scratch and ultraviolet protection.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings: Anti-Reflective Lens Coatings are special clear lens coatings that are applied to lenses to reduce glare and enhance visual clarity. These coatings have three main advantages:
Polarized Lenses: Polarized Lenses are a special type of sunglass lens that is the best for reducing bright sunlight glare and produce excellent outdoor contrast. These lenses have less than half the glare of regular tinted lenses and include scratch resistant coating and ultraviolet protection.
- Anti-Reflection Coatings improve vision for both night and day by reducing bright sunlight or the glare from oncoming headlights in nighttime traffic.
- Anti-Reflection Coatings reduce eye fatigue by eliminating ghost images making your vision more comfortable.
- Anti-Reflection Coatings enhance your appearance by reducing reflections on the lens surface.
- The Center for Sight Opticians will be able to answer any question you have regarding anti-reflection coatings and explain the benefits in your particular situation as well as help you select the most durable anti-reflective coatings available today.
Lens Tinting: Lens Tinting is an available option that can be done to many lens materials in an array of colors. Lens Tinting helps reduce glare from light or can be used to enhance your appearance.
Mirror Coating: A mirror coating is a coating that is applied to sunglasses that adds extra protection from sun glare and makes the lens look like a mirror. This coating is also offered in many colors.
If you would like to learn more about eyeglass lenses or eyewear for any need, please call and schedule a visit to the Optical Department at Center for Sight in Fall River, Massachusetts at
Center for Sight is conveniently located for patients wishing to select eyeglass lenses in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and from Attleboro, Fairhaven, Fall River, Franklin, Mansfield, Marion, Mattapoisett, Medfield, Milford, New Bedford, North Attleboro, North Dartmouth, Norton, Oxford, Rehoboth, Somerset, Swansea, Taunton, Walpole, Whitinsville, Woonsocket, Providence, Smithfield, Westport, Lakeville, Dighton, Little Compton and Tiverton.